- Steve Forbes has suggested that banks be allowed to value all mortgage securities at face value. In other words, bury our heads in the sand.
- An editorial in the Wall Steet Journal recommends that the government buy up the bad mortgages and bulldoze the houses.
- Concern about moral hazard has flown completely out the window.
- Nationalization of our banks is a real possibility. Of course there is no talk of nationalizing the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank itself!
- Hillary Clinton is proposing a committee chaired by Alan Greenspan, the very person who caused the housing bubble. She's has also proposed a "forclosure timeout." Is this the soccer mom solution?
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Voltron says: some of the proposals being floated by normally sane and learned individuals are nucking futz. This is because the unprecedented steps the Fed has already taken aren't working.